I was a guest on Too Old For This Sh*T Podcast hosted by Angie S.
This episode’s topic is about How to Trust again after Sleeping with the Enemy
[WARNING: Can be a triggering episode, especially between 1hour 8 min & 1 hour 16 minutes] This is the 3rd and last part of our mini-series on hidden abuse, narcissism & gaslighting. Part 1 was ep. #028: “Did You just Gaslight Me?”
How do we recover from abusive relationships and how to trust again ?
- What are the symptoms that people can experience after they left an abusive relationship?
- Is there a difference in those symptoms if you left a narcissist vs a toxic individual?
- We go over how charming they are and why making a discernment when close to them is hard. We portray this with an extreme example of Marc Dutrou nr: 1 eveil wanted guy when I was growing up and how he charmed his way into an escape
- Self forgiveness being a key part of recovery
- We address what to do if you’re living with your abuser whilst in isolation – Domestic violence shelters are still working even under lockdown
- After this ordeal, how do you trust again?
- How to deal with the abuser trying to claw back in
- The predator-to-prey symbiosis phenomenon
- Do some maybe have a deep desire to be toyed with or have a fantasy for total annihilation, is it a thing?
- We finish up with successful recovery stories and Tiger King
If you like this episode, you might like: #028: Did You Just Gaslight Me? With Shannon Higgins, M.A., LPC-S
Mentions in the episode: